Sunday, July 27, 2008

Avatar Finale

Well, for all those Avatar fans, I'm sure you've already seen the latest (and the last, might I add)episode, having been released a little over a week ago. As for me, with all the bothers of school, I had to restrain myself for over a week since getting a hold of the copy from my classmate. I've only just finish it actually and I have to say that it had a great ending. It tied a lot of loose ends, although there really wasn't much...it was mostly the anticipation of seeing Aang finally meet up with Fire Lord Ozai. And really, their final face-off (their first too) was just amazing. Just what you would expect from two powerful individuals fighting for supremacy over the world. The Fire Lord's skill, of course, was just off the hook, especially during the battle when it was enhanced by Sozin's Comet. And even with Aang mastering all four elements, he was a shade better than him. Of course, we must take into consideration that Aang had to learn and master the other three elements in just so short a time, and even with Zuko always on his tail trying to capture him half the time. Only when Aang went into the Avatar State did he really reveal how much powerful he is, and had become in just less than a year. The then-Fire Lord-now-Phoenix King doesn't stand a chance ("Didn't mean to offend you, oh Phoenix King-of-getting-his-butt-whopped". Haha, nice one Toph).

But getting on, since Ozai was defeated, it follows that it was really the end of the series. I thought it was just the finale of book 3, but it really is the end. And like all endings, it's left me emotionally spent. Being exhilarated with excitement and anticipation in the beginning, going on a whirlwind of emotions with all the thrill in the final battle, happiness in the end that peace and harmony was restored and all those cute and romantic reunions after the battle, and depression seeing the credits roll by. Whew, as Ron would put it, no one feels all that emotions together at one time or they'll explode. I'm pretty sure I'm about to. An hour past and all I know is that there wouldn't be anything to look forward to now in Nickelodeon...well, maybe I'd watch it again when they show it. I still can't believe there wouldn't be any Avatar episodes anymore. I thought at least that it's going to be 4 books, one for each element. It's Deathly Hallows all over again.

No comments: