Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jdorama Addict ^_^

I first became acqauinted with Japanese dramas with Gokusen and shall I say, I was mostly smitten with their brand of comedy. And all those good-looking guys helped with catching my eye of course! :D There were touching moments too, when I've shed a tear or two, but I was really caught with the hilarity of it. I guess at that time, after the Korean wave hit us, I was a little tired with all the tragic endings of their drama that I was curious to find out what the Japanese series would be made of. I love their anime shows and I heard some Jdoramas are actually live versions of these animes, or manga. So that also caught my preliminary attention. And like I've said, I've been interested in them eversince. However, I've only watch these shows when shown on TV, and I haven't really rigorously scoured the DVD pirates for copies of other series, so basically, I've only seen a few. That doesn't sound addictive at all. However, I would still like to think of it as such because given the time, I'd like to watch it over and over again(that's mostly Gokusen...I also watched season 2 and GTO) . Only now that I have familiarize myself with forums and meeting other addicts like me that I realize there's so much more Jdoramas that I haven't seen. But I've only just revisited the forums last summer when researching for Hana Kimi (if you haven't seen it, i highly recommend this to you and you must know there is actually a Taiwan version. They say they're the original, but just because they made the live version first doesn't mean they're the original. It's still based on a Japanese manga so the Japanese version is more genuine). After all my hype for Hana Kimi, I decided to follow some forumers' recommendations for series to watch. So, since last summer, I've done with Gokusen 3 and started with Zettai Kareshi. And I also started with Yukan Club because it has such good reviews in the forums. I must say, it's also good, if you like that kind of stuff. Ha! It's hilarious! Mostly I watch shows with guys of my fancy, but it's just so difficult because there are so many(difficult to handle, I think my heart can barely take it hehehe). Right now, I'm into video-streaming but it's annoying how slow it loads (I'm actually writing about it now to while the time away. I'm really gonna find some dvds on this). But it's worth it, especially seeing my crushes. It's given me a natural high and are good stress-relievers. So, try watching one today! :D

No comments: