Sunday, January 10, 2010

E.R.

The 9th is slowly moving into the 10th, ticking away by the seconds. This room could not have been any more peaceful or empty, giving me no excuse to read this book in front of me.

Yet my mind wanders to a place I've never been, making conversations with someone I wish I was with, basking in the glorious feelings I'm supposed to be feeling. . .

But alas, I spoke to soon. Here comes trudging along the ramp, a couple with with a little boy in their arms. And just as they laid the little boy in the first bed, another group arrived, a father carrying his young son having breathing difficulty.

This room, that had been so empty a few moments ago, is quickly becoming crowded once more.

POP!

There goes my happy moment.
And there goes the peace and quiet in the ER.

<<January 9, 2010--10:00pm--NOPH-ER>>

1 comment:

Eloisa said...

Chrys, you really shouldn't be surprised anymore...it's murphy's law...what's bound to happen, will happen. <-- paraphrased, of course. :-p By the way, good luck sa last few weeks of clerkship!